22 Jul Work-related expenses
With many more people having to work from home due to COVID-19 restrictions, more people will be claiming work from home expenses this year. Make sure your claims are legitimate!
To claim a deduction for working from home, all the following must apply:
– you must have spent the money
– the expense must be directly related to earning your income
– you must have a record to prove it.
Mobile phones and internet costs will be a big focus in the work-from-home era, as will meal claims, work-related clothing and laundry expenses.
There are 3 options for calculating work from home expenses and you can choose which one gives you the best outcome:
– Shortcut method (80 cents per work hour)
– Fixed rate method (52 cents per hour)
– Actual cost method
For further details visit Home Office Expenses or give us a call on 07 5449 9955.